Re: [hatari-devel] Little regression in hatari GUI filesystem in fullscreen mode ?

Am Mon, 18 Mar 2024 03:04:16 +0200

> Hi,
>
> On 17.3.2024 22.17, Laurent Sallafranque wrote:
> > I've noticed 2 things :
> >
> > - sometimes, the slidebar "jumps" and is upper (or lower) than the mouse
> > cursor, but it works and it resync when the cursor reach the top or the
> > bottom of the bar.
>
> That's probably something unavoidable.
>

> > - In windowed mode, clicking on the arrow at top or bottom of the
> > slidebar does move the slidebar continuously ; whereas in full screen, I
> > have to click N times to move the slidebar (the "Autoclick" doesn't work
> > in fullscreen.
>
> I can reproduce it.  It does not seem to be related the other issue, as
> it does not happen with scaled window, only with fullscreen.
>
> The clicked scrollbar up/down button highlight also seems to work
> slightly funkily in fullscreen.
>
> Thomas, any comments on this issue, or my patch to the other one?

I think your other patch is fine.

But with regards to this problem: Ouch, that seems to be a very ugly one.
If I get that right, SDL_GetMouseState() seems to provide us with the
*absolute* desktop mouse coordinates, not the ones relative to our drawing
area (like we seem to get in the SDL_MOUSEBUTTONDOWN event later). So we
likely have to substract the width of the left (or height of the upper)
black border in fullscreen from the mouse coordinates. That's getting very,
very ugly, especially since I haven't found a good way to determine the
size of that border yet. Thus no clue yet how to solve that properly ...
any suggestions?