|Re: [hatari-devel] Execution speed|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Execution speed
- From: Cyprian Konador <cyprian.konador@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 14:52:11 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=to:subject:message-id:date:from:in-reply-to:references:mime-version :from:to:cc:subject:date:message-id:reply-to; bh=rMSTnVk4mlGwwdgStQbLpeRirJ92E0Vp1Gpr/5fVgwk=; b=i8JuhFtTrqqupKzbxVb5kbPD8HbhnlGWirXUVHAiRnJxX8E86EnCeXbuQpS0aZFzcW XJdq6oK/40+N0FNQY2733CWF76mfWqJIMRyPuTE3pRKqoM0yaq6xHYIgsTiKnUs6DQei CM9E1WHXxDDo6yJ3AfUsHFsQbsqNpYqT5fVaqUPySrqtLkOvfgSD2N0c7k3oiwR2tXGZ 3ecBKoVLJWvzG+FTSqV7VEiC5y055acNTlsxV8xriP3HnvaxEaGFdQyWpILDn4Vmoc2c yfxg8o9i3sKF4UTLvD0VMMmTn8nK9rPI0mhA3wrvn80XNGoLHkQyCxAJ/PwAHeyXUaRs VLuQ==
My guess is that, in case of the MegaSTE the bus speed isn't emulated correctly. E.g. in 32MHz mode, the bus could be 4 times faster than it should be, which could has an impact on the test performance.
my topic today is execution speed. I optimized my latest program and did some testing. The tests are made without validating the exact cycle, with 24-bit addressing and with etos512. Before optimization, the result was obtained in 35 seconds on the Mega Ste emulation at 16 MHz and after optimization in 28 seconds (-20% not bad!).
STE 68000 8 MHz: 56 s
Mega STE 68000 16 MHZ: 28 s
Mega STE 68000 32 MHZ: 14-15 s
TT 68020 32 MHz: 19 s
Falcon 68030 32 MHz: 31 s
I don't understand why Falcon at 32 MHz is slower than the Mega STE at 16 or 32 MHz. Does anyone have an explanation to this ? App is below. To try, unZIP then clic "search" without changing anything.
if you want source files, let me know.
M et Y Saro
Méaudre: 04 76 94 79 32
Seyssinet: 04 76 21 61 02
// locations. vercors. free. fr
// cocoa. pod. free. fr