Re: [hatari-devel] Enable microphone on macOS

> Am 30.12.2022 um 18:39 schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Am Fri, 30 Dec 2022 14:55:43 +0100
> schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Just a minor note about your patch: I think the entry for LSMinimumSystemVersion is not necessary. At least on my system the minimum version is automatically added to Info.plist during the build process depending on the deployment target.
>
> So that deployment target has to be selected manually? What if someone
> selects a target that is too old for the sources?
>
> Thomas

Yes, I do select the deployment target manually. But I think the best way would be to set it using the CMake script. It would also make sense to set the build architectures via CMake instead of selecting them manually. For example one could set the build architecture to universal (Intel and Apple Silicon) for CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release, while leaving it at the architecture of the build machine for CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Debug. I have to take a closer look at that.

I’m not sure LSMinimumSystemVersion is related to the build process. I think if someone selects a deployment target, that is too old, it just won’t build. As soon as it builds it will in almost all cases also run. On the other hand if someone selects a Minimum System Version that is too young, the application won’t start even if it theoretically can run on the machine. One open question is, if the minimum version is just overwritten when setting a deployment target.