|Re: [hatari-devel] Enable microphone on macOS|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Enable microphone on macOS
- From: Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 14:55:43 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=icloud.com; s=1a1hai; t=1672408556; bh=k7Uxvbbot+FskfDRwpCwUb7ZsIUy5ZfjPIzmWBvfKT0=; h=From:Content-Type:Mime-Version:Subject:Date:To:Message-Id; b=FNdeoR3RA/ZKMUiOJOhWOMRkqYdUUDNvaT6WjUm7yJLPHkepBIomQsuJvRUSUSNpc RE9WPWNkGbrcVbKeu0v4JyupKYuPuyVaufgS+e/+7qgA9EN8vAa1bmrU3xFlt4zBDm RzMiVUYUC2IGirkXUCuXDyg333Sn/KYKOsZpYOJb44sQXUxIpum/I1L5xd8gU67i1U x/rvDVJQ5GBT0XvdYWpFO9H7xcnKSS2AMjgqrp7/tsswLJQsr1Zhvx3WtvVChqq3x8 EA04yUmZcI+pPESDyj5xK4HNkmD1m91IRKsFuwqEBTBMErg5PJZPOYZCu+ln/C9eM3 nhJjCw+FvE7AQ==
> Am 29.12.2022 um 23:33 schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Am Wed, 7 Dec 2022 22:10:00 +0100
> schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> There was an issue regarding microphone input in Previous on macOS >= 10.14. I had to add an entry to the Info.plist (I also added an entry for the camera to be future-proof):
>> + <key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key>
>> + <string>Previous needs access to your microphone for sound input.</string>
>> + <key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>
>> + <string>Previous needs access to your camera for video input.</string>
>> I think this also needs to be added to Hatari to make the microphone work. Without this the sound input will fail silently.
> Thanks, I've added the NSMicrophoneUsageDescription key now. I don't think
> we'll need the camera since it's very unlikely that someone adds emulation
> for a video grabber any time soon.
Just a minor note about your patch: I think the entry for LSMinimumSystemVersion is not necessary. At least on my system the minimum version is automatically added to Info.plist during the build process depending on the deployment target.