Re: [hatari-devel] cfg (8 vs 16 Mhz)

Le 07/12/2022 à 21:44, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Wed, 7 Dec 2022 21:02:47 +0100
schrieb Christian Zietz <czietz@xxxxxxx>:

Thomas Huth schrieb:
Does anybody have a real Mega STE and some means of checking which bit
toggles the frequency?
I do and I can. It's actually bit /1/ (and not bit 0) which toggles the
frequency - verified by measuring the clock at the CPU.

You rock! Thanks, that's perfect! I fixed it in Hatari here now:

https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=090bfcc9af2ed94a

Of course also big thanks to Miguel for his tests!

Hi

good catch, it's true that most programs that want to go 16 MHz often set cache too, so bits 0 and 1 are set to 1 and we didn't notice that bits were inverted.

For example a recent demo "little -me- demo" by overlanders will set cpu to 16MHz + cache during the 3D part and go back to 8 MHz after (needs to be run in Mega STE mode)