Re: [hatari-devel] cfg (8 vs 16 Mhz)

On 2.12.2022 18.38, Miguel Saro wrote:
I note that whatever the set frequency (nCpuFreq = 16)
the starting frequency is always 8 Mhz

I don't know if it's intentional or if it's a small mistake.
I also don't know if it only happens on Mac or on all machines

Hatari should be overriding frequency only when you explicitly ask it to set specific frequency, ask it to set given machine type, or you've specified conflicting settings requiring Hatari to change machine type to resolve it.

Are you doing any of those?

Note: for these machine type options freq seems to default to 8Mhz:
	--machine st|ste|megast|megaste

However, in case of MegaSTE (and Falcon) machines, also Atari side SW can switch frequency between 8 and 16 MHz:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/ioMemTabSTE.c#n31

Do you have some Atari AUTO folder / ACC / CPX / desktop setting that would set machine frequency to 8Mhz?

Nicolas, I'm not sure whether Atari SW being able to change Hatari's own settings for MegaSTE & Falcon machines types like this makes sense.

I think only emulated freq should be changed, not the configuration value.