Re: [hatari-devel] NetBSD loader for Hatari

On 26.8.2022 13.53, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Freitag, 26. August 2022 12:43:59 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:
I.e. clearly the loader is not working properly,

Hm, for me its working, at least to same degree as loadbsd.ttp:

This is with kernel 9.2

I've tested both 8.2 & 9.3 kernels.

Switching to config you were using in your screenshot (TT-RAM / 32-bit addressing, 32Mhz 040) did not help either.

With loader, CPU symbol-traced kernel is panicking in both cases very early in boot:
------------------------
bootm_init:
extent_create:
memset:
mutex_init:
_mutex_init:
cv_init:
sleepq_init:
pmap_bootstrap:
uvm_md_init:
uvm_setpagesize:
uvm_physseg_init:
uvm_page_physload:
uvm_physseg_plug:
uvm_post_preload_check:
uvm_page_physload:
panic:

Whereas with loadbsd.ttp, I always get some output (although it's unreadable with 9.x kernels, due to them using mismatching display format, and text output format).

Are you sure you do not have any additional fixes no top of your last patch series from July 27th?

Are you using NetBSD release kernels, or perhaps one you patched / configured / built yourself?

I'm applying your patch series against latest Hatari Git head, in case that matters.