Re: [hatari-devel] NetBSD loader for Hatari

On Donnerstag, 25. August 2022 02:08:41 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:

> Should they work?

> With Hatari v2.4.1 I get double bus error before there's any screen

> output, i.e. much earlier than by using loadbsd.ttp:

Yes, that happens here too, but it is a bit random. Sometimes i get double bus error, sometimes MMU fault. Generally, neither Aranym nor Hatari is currently able to really boot netbsd. That patch just makes testing a bit easier.

BTW, i think the debug code to print the MMU table (mmu_dump_table) is currently broken in Hatari. It loops over the whole address range of 4GB, but it is not required to map the whole range (and apparently NetBSD stops at 0xf2000000). Also it uses get_long() to access the table(s), i think this is not quite right; the old code uses phys_get_long().