Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari freeze on XaAES quit with 030 MMU + FPU + cache emulation

Hi Nicolas,

On 26.7.2022 18.17, Eero Tamminen wrote:
No, it does not report anything.

Hatari just freezes:
------------------------
VDI 0x65/0x00 (v_clsvwk)
WARNING: xconout stack args not found by skipping return addresses, trying short skipping.
WARNING: xconout args not found from stack.
<freeze>
------------------------

When I enabled cpu_symbols tracing for EmuTOS, in addition to tracing all OS calls, I saw something fairly weird in the log (attached).

Is there anything else I could try to trace to see what causes the freeze?

It seems like EmuTOS would proceed after VDI close to panic, halt and reboot, and then continue booting, without *anything* being visible on Hatari screen, or xconout interception working.

Especially this sequence is very odd:
-----------------
_nvram_init:
_panic:
_halt:
_warm_reset:
_cold_reset:
-----------------

halt should loop forever, and warm_reset() should clear cache and jump to main(), not continue ignoring all branching:
https://github.com/emutos/emutos/blob/master/bios/panicasm.S

Looking at the trace, MMU setup function is called only after above weird sequence, so I do not think EmuTOS messes with that, but could Hatari do something weird to MMU mapping tables in some corner case?

And looking later to the trace, why the heck EmuTOS is trying to do DSP on emulated 030 MegaST?

Btw. I tried this use-case also under Valgrind, and that did not report anything iffy in Hatari's dynamic allocations access (Hatari uses a lot of static allocations though).

When I killed Valgrind it reported Hatari to be on DSP_Run() call:
==5083== Process terminating with default action of signal 1 (SIGHUP)
==5083==    at 0x50BEF9: m68k_run_mmu030 (newcpu.c:6453)
==5083==    by 0x507291: m68k_go (newcpu.c:7614)
==5083==    by 0x4704DC: main (main.c:966)
?

	- Eero

PS. GCC AddressSanitizer (defaults) did not find any issues for this either, but I pushed fix to unrelated issue it noticed.