Re: [hatari-devel] NetBSD loader for Hatari

On 26.7.2022 7.14, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022 01:01:06 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:
I do not remember why it just counts symbols that
duplicate either name or address.

Its perfectly valid to have the same symbol name with different addresses, eg
static function names in different source files. This should not be removed,
although its of course difficult to use them in expressions in the debugger.

They could be renamed to differentiate them. Either add some index suffix, or if there's a preceding object file name symbol, maybe use that as a prefix, to help locating the correct symbol from sources.

But atleast they will be needed when disassembling.

Having different names with the same address also happens quite often in
assembly sources.

Btw. did you find anything interesting with the symbol data yet?

Unfortunately not. Hatari still crashes, most of the time with MMU fault.

I hope you mean NetBSD crashing, not Hatari?

Do you have NetBSD backtrace for that? It requires just enabling profiling after adding symbols, and entering the debugger on fault.

Aranym (but only when compiled with -O0) currently gets a bit further, until
it prompts for a root device. But somehow keyboard input does not work.

Does NetBSD program IKBD?

	- Eero

PS. I pushed your symbol removal fix commit, and Linux part of the statusbar change.