Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing for next release 2.4

On 21.6.2022 9.58, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 20/06/2022 à 21:48, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
OK, I've done some tests with my previous DSP interrupts code :

- flaysid works well

- mars_dsp doesn't work either (it may probably be a falcon timing problem introduced with the latest core)

Has this worked earlier? It was added to compatibility list only recently, and it did not work with 2.3.1 for me.

- xperience by abstract doesn't work either with the latest core (same as mars_dsp).

Mars DSP freezes before it even begins, this freezes only few screens into the demo, dots do not show in "4096 dots" screen, only music plays.

Did not work any better with 2.3.1.

So, if we decide to revert back to my old interrupts code, flaysid works again, but we may have to retest many demos, games and utilities.

PS: I've tested a few demos, and I didn't notice any regression with my previous code and the latest hatari core.

It's as you want.

in that case if other agree,

Sounds fine for me.

I would keep the change you added to the DSP, adding some notes in compatibility.html about the non working demos.

Flaysid app and mars DSP demo were already marked as non-working, and I just added X-perience demo.

Then we can fix the dsp later after 2.4 if released.

Else, as you say it would mean we need to test again many demos/programs and maybe need to fix more regressions.