Re: [hatari-devel] ShellCheck

Am Sun, 29 May 2022 22:28:47 +0300

> Hi,
>
> I've been running "shellcheck" (available from package with the same
> name on Debian and Fedora based distros) on my own Hatari scripts:
> 	https://github.com/koalaman/shellcheck
>
> It's pretty good at pointing out potential issues, and provides links to
> extensive documentation for every warning it outputs.
>
> It did not reveal anything particularly significant, but I've pushed
> commits that remove almost all things it comments about.
>
> Only things remaining are tests/*/run_test.sh scripts.
>
> Thomas, as those are yours, maybe you could take a look at them at some
> point, e.g. after release?

Done now. Maybe we should add this check to the test suite itself, similar
to the tests/check-bashisms.sh script that we already have? (but IIRC we
didn't wire the checkbashism up into "make tests" suite since there were
some unuseful versions of this program around ... but maybe shellcheck is
more reliable?)