|Re: [hatari-devel] Can't build Hatari on Mac if PortMidi is not installed|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Can't build Hatari on Mac if PortMidi is not installed
- From: Chris Jenkins <cdpjenkins@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 12:29:03 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20210112; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=WTMFnKB9arXJVykWN59lKoeGt+fy+FqoDgfNDvY2XzI=; b=ESdrQzBZCNA75X3O16J7wgR71thQci/+yROhp/u+WtzNldDBedQt8Gr+Xj+nTfgGZJ 2mxa0pTd6VPaZmkhkb7b5R2O6CHls46qtQoINFn7j5iOpGzkZFh4uEoOrUdJIK5UWCK/ Gbb5LfolaA7wqtvks1edzNq2PVSxFYeMMcra67QX/iQDU5XEBv2VE06/St5xNg8kLnBa Mld1oYj0QZWRVjuAo2pfIWUDaYV2WMJFhuVmmcHLZR9euyjXyICjUiF/++eBbM2/0XQ9 B/gpc32xa+K9Tw4/9w93cpFi4sO7EukQ+Dae0ey/L+UuHhyjE2zOwCp/1dl/cmjWxmog YzgA==
I was thinking of trying to implement direct file access in the Mac GUI myself. I have a couple of questions:
- What precisely is it that is needed here? Is it just porting the "read mifi input from file" / "write midi output to file" UI from the SDK GUI to the Mac GUI?
- What's the best way to test this? I'd ideally like to test it with an Atari app that outputs real MIDI events but I confess I never used MIDI back when I had a real ST and I'm not sure what would be the easiest application to use for testing purposes. Or would it be enough to just output a .cfg file and verify that the contents look ok?
On 23.5.2022 21.08, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> My preference would there to be MIDI device support without PortMidi
> also in the OSX GUI, not just in the SDL GUI.
> I mean, MIDI devices are used also for other things than MIDI events,
> like debug output and networking. PortMidi does not work for those
> use-cases, for that one needs to be able to specify a file name instead,
> when PortMidi support is not enabled.
I've added that to bugs.txt.
> (Among other things, this doc includes examples of how to forward Hatari
> MIDI device data over internet: