Re: [hatari-devel] Can't build Hatari on Mac if PortMidi is not installed

I was thinking of trying to implement direct file access in the Mac GUI myself. I have a couple of questions:

- What precisely is it that is needed here? Is it just porting the "read mifi input from file" / "write midi output to file" UI from the SDK GUI to the Mac GUI?
- What's the best way to test this? I'd ideally like to test it with an Atari app that outputs real MIDI events but I confess I never used MIDI back when I had a real ST and I'm not sure what would be the easiest application to use for testing purposes. Or would it be enough to just output a .cfg file and verify that the contents look ok?

Cheers,
Chris

On Sun, 29 May 2022 at 11:39, Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
HI,

On 23.5.2022 21.08, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> My preference would there to be MIDI device support without PortMidi
> also in the OSX GUI, not just in the SDL GUI.
>
> I mean, MIDI devices are used also for other things than MIDI events,
> like debug output and networking.  PortMidi does not work for those
> use-cases, for that one needs to be able to specify a file name instead,
> when PortMidi support is not enabled.

I've added that to bugs.txt.