Re: [hatari-devel] Can't build Hatari on Mac if PortMidi is not installed

HI,

On 23.5.2022 21.08, Eero Tamminen wrote:
My preference would there to be MIDI device support without PortMidi also in the OSX GUI, not just in the SDL GUI.

I mean, MIDI devices are used also for other things than MIDI events, like debug output and networking.  PortMidi does not work for those use-cases, for that one needs to be able to specify a file name instead, when PortMidi support is not enabled.

I've added that to bugs.txt.

(Among other things, this doc includes examples of how to forward Hatari MIDI device data over internet:
https://hatari.tuxfamily.org/doc/midi-linux.txt)