Re: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds

Le 19/05/2022 à 16:45, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

For the 2nd issue with STE DMA sound being not in sync too, this is in fact similar to the same problem there was with your "More or less zero" demo. It was fixed back then, but the new code in hatari dev doesn't take into account that the STE has a slightly different clock for the YM2149 compared to the CPU (on STF they're the same).
This should be fixed soon I think.

Hi

this issue should be fixed now too.
Different clocks between CPU and YM2149/DMA Audio are now correctly handled when computing YM2149's clock changes.

From what I hear with SMFX/DHS "The (fucking) (complex) Art of Profanity" demo, all the samples are correctly played now during the whole demo

Note that precision is not optimal yet, I see a slight deviation that could be improved, but I think it's 99% good enough already and should not give hearable artefacts.

Thanks for reporting theses 2 issues, I must admit that after rewriting the YM2149 emulation I did not run some precise enough tests/traces to show this slight change in number of samples per VBL (less than 0.2 %, but hearable after a while)