|[hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: "hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds
- From: Anders Eriksson <evldhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 13:44:42 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=protonmail.com; s=protonmail2; t=1652017485; bh=4YKdxDCH2Q/WgiwtR/wEAviOyn826zpoDGhADv3sYCw=; h=Date:To:From:Reply-To:Subject:Message-ID:Feedback-ID:From:To:Cc: Date:Subject:Reply-To:Feedback-ID:Message-ID; b=gzhPxYhOflaF9m570Cf9ZILtYxkGIs4cKdLwVpHnKHQ3xjrfcJRuS+vXpHc/ETuWa GrrTRubwVsWEHGT6yTOtUUnWUA+SVEkUcyccsQbhn1IVup/c/461sHad5K/e9rciSk zPIZOmwDeJYlduQoxEZniWqXkgK6mqdWlkkPbQP4Ybz7ejAfmoGtBFNbPUIQy3JjIC zMRsQHASLShifmcMTYB7JTWj5OSKH/plG5yfSIaULbA3jqvCENeWF4BnECw8TA0Hvn /skweQ5wIDmb/q15HHCQPnEXXDW5B2UDlU8KTebxfwvBvfVlR4REfjCrj9I8ZimJx/ d7tIYEave1D0w==
- Feedback-id: 41365795:user:proton
I've been meaning to report this for some time but.. lazyness or something came in between. However now when Styckx is about to release 2.4 I guess it would be nice if these things were fixed.
First one, a long time ago when I recorded the Overlanders demo "First Love" the recorded file had audio/video sync errors. It's easy to spot at the Pong-game part. During recording the sync on screen is fine, only the output video is wrong. Video below with Hatari dev built 2022-05-07 by Troed. macOS 10.14 x64.
Recording with Hatari 2022-05-07, PONG part at 8m:
Second bug, I'm not sure if it's related, but it's also about audio/video sync. We did a demo a few weeks ago and then we noticed that the audio/video sync was very off with the development build of Hatari, while 2.3.1 is OK like a real STe-machine. The sync is wrong both on screen and in the recorded video.
Tested with macOS 10.14 x64 and macOS 12 AARCH64.
Correct reference recording with Hatari 2.3.1:
Recording with Hatari 2022-03-26:
Recording with Hatari 2022-05-07:
The 2022-03-26 version goes wrong around 12s, and the 2022-05-07 version goes wrong around 2m28s. It's easy to see the waveform difference if loading all mp3's into Audacity or similar.
Thanks for your hard work with Hatari, it's much appreciated :)