[hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds

Hello,

I've been meaning to report this for some time but.. lazyness or something came in between. However now when Styckx is about to release 2.4 I guess it would be nice if these things were fixed.

First one, a long time ago when I recorded the Overlanders demo "First Love" the recorded file had audio/video sync errors. It's easy to spot at the Pong-game part. During recording the sync on screen is fine, only the output video is wrong. Video below with Hatari dev built 2022-05-07 by Troed. macOS 10.14 x64.

Demo download:
https://demozoo.org/productions/298763/

Recording with Hatari 2022-05-07, PONG part at 8m:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yxadtwzk8pin93b/firstlove_hatari_20220507.mp4?dl=1

Second bug, I'm not sure if it's related, but it's also about audio/video sync. We did a demo a few weeks ago and then we noticed that the audio/video sync was very off with the development build of Hatari, while 2.3.1 is OK like a real STe-machine. The sync is wrong both on screen and in the recorded video.
Tested with macOS 10.14 x64 and macOS 12 AARCH64.

Demo download:
https://demozoo.org/productions/306979/

Correct reference recording with Hatari 2.3.1:
MP4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bgfn8rvptd1g7s/profanity_hatari231.mp4?dl=1
MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn36mppgefl3gja/profanity_hatari231.mp3?dl=1

Recording with Hatari 2022-03-26:
MP4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/64y6ls9h3bfb5fk/profanity_hatari_20220326.mp4?dl=1
MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gmpg38ibmq0rhny/profanity_hatari_20220326.mp3?dl=1

Recording with Hatari 2022-05-07:
MP4: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0msan55ns8rbky6/profanity_hatari_20220507.mp4?dl=1
MP3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jfnpv1yfra8e3jk/profanity_hatari_20220507.mp3?dl=1

The 2022-03-26 version goes wrong around 12s, and the 2022-05-07 version goes wrong around 2m28s. It's easy to see the waveform difference if loading all mp3's into Audacity or similar.

Thanks for your hard work with Hatari, it's much appreciated :)

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@xxxxxx