|Re: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Audio/video sync regression in dev-builds
- From: Anders Eriksson <evldhs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 19:35:07 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=protonmail.com; s=protonmail3; t=1653075317; x=1653334517; bh=gtNtPmQP+LRP7lA2YtQt/rVQFq097w6j/ke4Sil9zpA=; h=Date:To:From:Reply-To:Subject:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:References: Feedback-ID:From:To:Cc:Date:Subject:Reply-To:Feedback-ID: Message-ID; b=ATgCB78PpOv9ve8o2S6DT2mMurgTzxUh628LvvznT3AUdVsSg2bJxix/FJ8KLWIh0 LMXRdKatspDsxMTWJ/FzV+6fU5SJ5kB54H7Hp0zohE1FLy7uheHG8s5F7HU6UrbW4J tvFe99x9hqFqHxEqwnxlFZ1CVtx9zlFvG2oIkK/RggJ7tBmBFX5W8ZYWS1zSOgcesa FgI9Y8kNcEkn4FU3hsWFJjnYASHMqVejQ8HlVN1CbGS4wR8HI58BIuFMvLByixlY2F 8V3gsFplHQyg+EKiqBPBJ/S76EFWye7G9reaFa8qITq5/azrFTRYe1I6ckydBPjUHo sIBrXvGuKnxRg==
- Feedback-id: 41365795:user:proton
------- Original Message -------
On Friday, May 20th, 2022 at 2:25 PM, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le 19/05/2022 à 16:45, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
> > For the 2nd issue with STE DMA sound being not in sync too, this is in
> > fact similar to the same problem there was with your "More or less zero"
> > demo. It was fixed back then, but the new code in hatari dev doesn't
> > take into account that the STE has a slightly different clock for the
> > YM2149 compared to the CPU (on STF they're the same).
> > This should be fixed soon I think.
> this issue should be fixed now too.
> Different clocks between CPU and YM2149/DMA Audio are now correctly
> handled when computing YM2149's clock changes.
> From what I hear with SMFX/DHS "The (fucking) (complex) Art of
> Profanity" demo, all the samples are correctly played now during the
> whole demo
> Note that precision is not optimal yet, I see a slight deviation that
> could be improved, but I think it's 99% good enough already and should
> not give hearable artefacts.
> Thanks for reporting theses 2 issues, I must admit that after rewriting
> the YM2149 emulation I did not run some precise enough tests/traces to
> show this slight change in number of samples per VBL (less than 0.2 %,
> but hearable after a while)
I've downloaded Troeds latest build for macOS and I can confirm that both regressions are fixed (tested with macOS 10.14 x64).
Thanks a lot and awesome work Nicolas!