Re: [hatari-devel] HDC code update patch

On 14.3.2022 20.44, Uwe Seimet wrote:
Does it have to be this complicated? > I have been working with several
> projects using git, also in my job, but this is the most complicated
> approach I have seen so far ;-).

Um, if you are not using commits to handle your source changes, how you're actually using Git?

(Changes being commits in your repository clone is the only difference between "git diff > <file>" and "git format-patch <commit>" workflows.)

Is there a git repository I can clone, so that I can raise a PR against my
changes? This also retains the other and has other advantages.

Hatari's official Tuxfamily repo does not support extra stuff like PRs.

While Thomas' GitHub Hatari mirror repo does, it's Thomas personal one, not Hatari project one. I.e. while we can review PRs there, we cannot merge them.

	- Eero

PS. I would not be opposed to Hatari moving to GitLab (if it still has free accounts) or GitHub. If others feel the same, I guess we could consider migrating, but that's longer process.