Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari on Debian 11 (Bullseye): Report

On 3.9.2021 0.53, Charles Curley wrote:
On Thu, 2 Sep 2021 23:37:20 +0300
Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2.9.2021 23.25, Charles Curley wrote:
I have Hatari 2.3.1+dfsg-1 running on Debian 11 (Bullseye) amd64,
the just released new stable. SDL is libsdl2-2.0-0, version
2.0.14+dfsg2-3. EmuTOS 1.0. It seems to be working.

Let me know if you want me to run any tests.

Are you defaulting to Wayland or X11, and if former, does Hatari's
Python UI work OK with it?

Near as I can tell, this thing is running X11, not Wayland.
How do I tell which I am using? I ran several of the tests at
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/202891/how-to-know-whether-wayland-or-x11-is-being-used,
and all were inconclusive.

Your login manager should tell you which one it starts.

You can also check for presence of wayland socket and env variables:
--------------------------
$ set|grep WAY
WAYLAND_DISPLAY=wayland-0
$ find /run -name '*way*' 2> /dev/null
/run/user/1000/wayland-0
/run/user/1000/wayland-0.lock

The UI version seems to work just fine. The Python folks recommend that
there be a symlink of python to /usr/bin/python3, but Debian doesn't
provide one. That was not a problem.

Yes, all Hatari scripts should have been changed
to use python3 explicitly.