|Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 12:19:48 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:from:subject:to:references:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=dej/IEz9gXFZ6bSk6GXus9ca91QNnz0UYwiZKT1YLow=; b=U2AcR9jHAE90vnUZH7pOEpvra1uuApaKeedkOFyD901kHPsOWRBP2tLHNXytyd1Wwj msyK6zY3eThJiV0qZoPcatZb2DXkJnn24ajBIXMLIETk3j/QniprvUQe2DM2AzmaIhit 24fV8UFTQHnY5WLYqtLf28tC9FsYtfbu2/n5FQuge5KGCIS6o/y+6RckpbT4YoJpV4Ep R9Hx8T2cemwsu8Ct+a4hbKcCodPnwthyHEXWlpZPI2ogqFqVJSaHCDmnlpsOdNByV1Kc 364zf+LyD/LeIRTDBjCVRSosKw1DW45TJgaPC0bxmkuGACDdOxB094+iyQiSqYkFtn6Y xrYA==
On 10/01/2021 at 22:56, Eero Tamminen wrote:
Hm. So one option for using Atari keyboard with Hatari, would be not to
do it with Hatari, but with EmuTOS, and just point Hatari RS-232 input
and output to suitable device?
There are multiple possible hacks 😄
TOS expects IKBD data coming from the IKBD ACIA.
But EmuTOS can potentially take IKBD data from anywhere (like my Atari
keyboard on Amiga RS-232 port).
And Vincent B. hack for Hatari is something different. It bridges the host
RS-232 port to the emulated IKBD ACIA. So any IKBD data received on the host
RS-232 port (i.e. from real ST) acts like an emulated keyboard. I believe
this works well with both TOS and unmodified EmuTOS.
With e.g. socat, one could have the forwarded Atari keyboard and Hatari
on different sides of internet. :-)
Hatari should provide an "IKBD source" option. By default, it should be set
to "host keyboard" (as now). But could easily be mapped to RS-232 or socket,
as you propose. Emulators are definitely much more flexible than real hardware.