Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari

On 09/01/2021 at 18:38, Vincent Barrilliot wrote:
I recorded a small demo video (81 seconds) which you can watch here

https://youtu.be/r-ojz6_FO3E

Excellent 😀
You should make it public.

BTW, I made something somehow similar on Amiga, by patching EmuTOS for Amiga. My hack was to use an Atari keyboard (actually, Eiffel) plugged to the Amiga RS-232 port, by using a TTL to RS-232 adapter. That works fine. If you are interested, search for CONF_SERIAL_IKBD in official EmuTOS sources. Main idea is the same as yours: transmit raw IKBD protocol bytes over RS-232.

I don't know if the same could work on Atari or PC RS-232 ports, due to the strange speed (7812 bps) used by Atari keyboards.

--
Vincent Rivière