|Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2021 19:27:29 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:from:subject:to:references:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=yEIifn+hpNiLHrzW/COk5+K8ILmEawATuziiSykPS1A=; b=gtW2S+t7GsY5hLvngo59KJYdNuQ5z2euNtInicTeBydrpxbvZgQrCn0pUrvQuzY3bc hcPFa3pyDZpwrxJty3aXZ9F3tqzDnGrjzI3Cu/xe9T7f0fmE8gumg4RQiqFa3Nb8Q2d+ lkrnbrJnF879EcmgzrlkldHO7adN/945uch415a12xgYlmhVyGPq7Q/Ps86ghKfaBj9Q VE/rqzjid68G/1xXtfOdu06jU2PWjYDR/kB9h/SuLjQ+8IDQaLd8rz4N5u1KbmB+bw3Y UKKTbxKcmkpULid6+6tqgeQoirCTpanU/y41LtJpNslBBRjPwOG0J36BFbzhTWtp9khs NDvw==
On 09/01/2021 at 18:38, Vincent Barrilliot wrote:
I recorded a small demo video (81 seconds) which you can watch here
You should make it public.
BTW, I made something somehow similar on Amiga, by patching EmuTOS for
Amiga. My hack was to use an Atari keyboard (actually, Eiffel) plugged to
the Amiga RS-232 port, by using a TTL to RS-232 adapter. That works fine. If
you are interested, search for CONF_SERIAL_IKBD in official EmuTOS sources.
Main idea is the same as yours: transmit raw IKBD protocol bytes over RS-232.
I don't know if the same could work on Atari or PC RS-232 ports, due to the
strange speed (7812 bps) used by Atari keyboards.