Re: [hatari-devel] Proposal: use Atari keyboard with Hatari

On 1/9/21 8:27 PM, Vincent Rivière wrote:
BTW, I made something somehow similar on Amiga, by patching EmuTOS for Amiga. My hack was to use an Atari keyboard (actually, Eiffel) plugged to the Amiga RS-232 port, by using a TTL to RS-232 adapter. That works fine. If you are interested, search for CONF_SERIAL_IKBD in official EmuTOS sources. Main idea is the same as yours: transmit raw IKBD protocol bytes over RS-232.

I don't know if the same could work on Atari or PC RS-232 ports, due to the strange speed (7812 bps) used by Atari keyboards.

Hm.  So one option for using Atari keyboard with
Hatari, would be not to do it with Hatari, but
with EmuTOS, and just point Hatari RS-232 input
and output to suitable device?

With e.g. socat, one could have the forwarded
Atari keyboard and Hatari on different sides of
internet. :-)