|Re: [hatari-devel] Suggestion for enhanced keymap table format|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Suggestion for enhanced keymap table format
- From: Vincent Barrilliot <vincent.barrilliot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 18:15:44 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=laposte.net; s=lpn-wlmd; t=1610298947; bh=NMwbEaF7E932Jlm/wnhrmcw69P9L9TjKIHRosIVvqps=; h=Subject:To:References:From:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Language; b=JjBIisFNX9V2s1TviK3g0oAi+7zPCPRnBRaDGoY84o/QPVoilytrjXx1DwP5L+Olc830J9Ta2JOXuEHdcIIvwwsPxjX/3rMToEnx46On8a/RmX+LA5gvovAyJ7SAdFvD9qlSaTozGDdIlJrx2mHhLL6XCGOSb0JU5qwFjl0kj+Af+STZWAPTmFmz3UaY7Bj86zclVLm/WAyzrASVBMgoiBpV8wiyQHrJ4InJa5Yvzk3sgsSQPd+VEHgsUrDAQrx98FJWR8gLsr/z4zL3PrewSTzF1YTVsZ+0cal/UCcf780pAVwSHZFGQ/dDE0Crvahj4f+a1uSx4qtSmDnze97oGg==;
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Here is a quick demo:
To enable that, I selected the "keymap" Keyboard option with the updated
The patch is attached. I produced it using
git format-patch master --stdout > improved-kbd-support.patch
I'm not sure how to split that though, sorry! For next changes I will
try to split things better. For this change I think it's much easier to
read the keymap.c file as a whole.
On 01/01/2021 10:15, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Tue, 3 Nov 2020 14:39:05 +0100
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Le 03/11/2020 à 14:24, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
I did a diff between your and current keymap.c
thanks for posting the diff
For your intended change to be reviewable, please
split all non-functional & unrelated code changes
(white space/indenting, const, ! -> ==0, type
changes, commenting out trace outputs) to
a separate patch, or remove them.
Then either rebase your changes to latest Hatari
git version of keymap.c, or otherwise make sure
they apply and still work with it, before posting
a patch / "git diff" against it.
looking at the diff you posted, I don't see that much unrelated
changes, there're a few indents changes here and there, but seeing
the patch is rather big it looks ok to me if some indents or some log
levels are changed to fit the patch, but nothing that seems to
prevent from reviewing the changes.
Also, keymap.c was last modified in dec 2019, so I guess the patch
should apply to dev version without loosing code.
As for reviewing/testing the patch itself, unfortunately I don't have
time at the moment. Maybe Thomas can have a look at it if he got time.
I just had a quick look, but the patch is indeed rather big. Any chance
that you could split it up logically into more digestible parts (i.e.
multiple patches)? Also, there are still cosmetic changes in here (like
the last hunk that changes "if (!keycode)" into "if (keycode == 0)"
etc.) ... that really should either be dropped or put into separate
As a french user of Hatari, this looks like an interesting patch
anyway, as some characters are indeed "hard" to enter by default.
I have to say that I hardly use the keymapping stuff on my own, since
the German keyboard layout is pretty similar to the US layout anyway
and since I normally only edit my files on the host side and avoid text
editors in the emulated environment. So Nicolas, it would be great if
you could have a look at these modifications if they make sense from a
French keyboard user perspective.
PS: Would it help if we'd remove the SDL1.2 support first? I guess
keymap.c would be simplified quite a bit by that removal...