|Re: [hatari-devel] Shalll we remove deprecated features like SDL 1.2 now?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Shalll we remove deprecated features like SDL 1.2 now?
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 08:53:25 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1609919608; bh=F+1l1WQYmGP70vIPEOyfmKw13fhFlWYeChasEoxNohQ=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=pm5gfx7lTWbwcQOf9l6jY+Q3qQrQ11i/cu6ebA68INRuxSoPO7xhbdN1G6Cm6Qx1b 63ATa7vHIBzKiu9HKXyueV7B2ujZ/whG5+jYcYM3Pam8+IGdZwgP5gXvO9iNtah/Dh TEE6xIzkJWCOUeXVoyFYj2vLead2JsWLKCNVjd9uSVLmgAK8Lx8bzFplRCPJtZoIBG bPmEzTdO2Sxtmtn63EJ4hJthev01ef9GhVnlwBHZ5Hphr9Zy8yPMTBiEttVVEpDWdx ON41ZpVTNDHPZm0yzoQmR3IaoChOISJr96D7SL6+j7mjFuggB5vHah6KO1RRpq+hnD OX0LujamADo8A==
Am Tue, 5 Jan 2021 12:43:02 +0200
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 1/5/21 4:58 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
> > Am Mon, 4 Jan 2021 12:02:46 +0200
> > schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > [...]
> >> I noticed that you already removed oldUAE support.
> >> I guess you remove SDL1 support next?
> > As time permits ...
> > Why do you ask, are you waiting for it for some reason?
> No, I was just idly wondered whether you have in
> mind also some extra SDL2 related improvements.
> E.g. something you couldn't do when you added SDL2
> support originally, because need to support also
> SDL1 prevented them...?
There are certainly some things that can be improved once SDL1.2
support has been removed (e.g. drawing the GUI dialogs into a separate
texture instead of "destroying" the Atari screen with the dialog), but
I don't have any concrete plans yet.
But I think the keymap rework from Vincent will definitely benefit from
the removal. I just noticed that he opened a pull request on github
where he already removed the SDL1 code:
(sorry, the notification mail for that PR landed in my spam folder, so
I did not see it earlier)
Vincent, could you please send your patches to the mailing list instead,
since we do not do reviews of bigger changes on github? Thanks!