Re: [hatari-devel] Shalll we remove deprecated features like SDL 1.2 now?

Hi Thomas,

On 1/3/21 10:55 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Fri, 01 Jan 2021 12:19:41 +0100
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Freitag, 1. Januar 2021 10:07:27 CET Thomas Huth wrote:
Is anybody still actively using SDL 1.2, without the possibility to
upgrade to SDL 2.0 ?

Yes, i still use SDL 1.2,  both for Hatari and ARAnyM. From my
experience, SDL 2 is still quite buggy on a lot of systems,
especially macOS and ARM based devices. And there are a lot of
different versions installed in different distributions.

 From the feedback that we got in the past (and also now in this mail
thread), Hatari works better with SDL2 on macOS than with SDL1.2 (which
caused some unexplainable slow-downs for many users there). And from
the other mails in this thread I get that SDL2 is now fine on the
Rasperry Pie, too. So I think we can now go ahead and remove SDL1.2
support, indeed.

I noticed that you already removed oldUAE support.

I guess you remove SDL1 support next?

	- Eero

PS. I moved removed features under their own
heading in release notes.