Re: [hatari-devel] Shalll we remove deprecated features like SDL 1.2 now?

On Freitag, 1. Januar 2021 10:07:27 CET Thomas Huth wrote:

> Is anybody still actively using SDL 1.2, without the possibility to

> upgrade to SDL 2.0 ?

Yes, i still use SDL 1.2, both for Hatari and ARAnyM. From my experience, SDL 2 is still quite buggy on a lot of systems, especially macOS and ARM based devices. And there are a lot of different versions installed in different distributions.

In ARAnyM, i hide most of the differences in the API by using a custom include file. That way, there aren't that many ifdefs left in the code.