Re: [hatari-devel] macOS : FPU using EmuTOS

If you have the Magic Keyboard that came with your iMac the Fn key is in the bottom left corner.

/Troed

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 20:12, Francois LE COAT <lecoat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a 5k 27" iMac mid-2019 under macOS Mojave, and there's no
<fn> key on the keyboard. That's why I ask if the SDL UI is mapped ?
F12 is augmenting the sound level, but doesn't call SDL UI ...

Bob Carpenter writes:
> I also run the macOS version. F12 is the correct key. However, if you
> use a Mac notebook, you may have to press fn-F12 to get the SDL UI to
> appear.
>
> Bob C
>
> Francois LE COAT wrote:
> Eero Tamminen writes:
> > Francois LE COAT wrote:
> >> I asked for my Falcon030 when I bought it in 1993, that it is
> >> equipped with a 68882. The Eureka 2.12 software that I developed
> >> with it, takes advantage of 68030+FPU. I know a few software like
> >> that : for example Euler, Fractals, Inshape III, POV-Ray etc.
> >>
> >> ARAnyM that looks very close to a Falcon enables the FPU.
> >> I think Hatari should enable FPU for Falcon, but it doesn't ...
> >
> > You can just enable FPU option in Hatari GUI,
> > save your config, and forget about it.  FPU config
> > option is unlikely to change, so it should persist
> > across Hatari updates.
> >
> > This is how it has worked since Hatari switched
> > to using WinAUE CPU core for Falcon emulation
> > around 2012, so this isn't anything recent...
> >

> > (With oldAUE CPU core, FPU was always enabled for
> > 020+, because it didn't support anything else.)
> >

> >      - Eero
> >
> > PS. Because FPU wasn't default for Falcon HW, the
> > question on enabling it by default would be which one? :-)
> >
> > Hatari emulates 68881, 68882, internal one, and then there are
> couple of
> > variants of those, one
> > using PC FPU for the emulation which is fast, but
> > slightly inaccurate, and accurate 100% SW
> > emulation which is clearly slower.
>
> Jérôme Vernet who is building Hatari for macOS, advised me to
> use SDL GUI to enable the FPU pressing F12. But it doesn't work,
> and it is not documented for macOS version. I don't know how
> to call the SDL GUI under macOS ... I'm sorry. Is it mapped ?

Regards,

--
François LE COAT
Author of Eureka 2.12 (2D Graph Describer, 3D Modeller)