Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari memory snapshot handling issues

Le 22/11/2020 à 11:11, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

indeed, 1st error would be more correct,  the message should use VersionString of the non-loading state file, so the user can know which older hatari version to use if he really wants to load the memstate.

IMHO this should be fixed before release because
new release requires newer snapshot version i.e.
users will be bumping to this when they upgrade.

I updated the source accordingly.

(Version independent state handling has been
in the TODO list for a long time, it's a bit
unfortunate that there has always been something
more important to fix/do before that. Maybe some
user gets motivated enough to contribute that,
or provide state file converter...)

This is still on my todo list ; not sure a converter for really older memstate is needed, but at least my goal would be to allow loading older version (with a new memstate format) and using sane default values allowing to continue even if you load an hatari 2.4 memstate when using hatari 2.6 for example.