Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari memory snapshot handling issues

On 11/21/20 11:47 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 21/11/2020 à 20:05, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
I saved Hatari Git version memory state.

When I next start Hatari Git version with it:
     --memstate hatari.sav

Instead of loading the memory snapshot, Hatari
complains that snapshot is compatible only with
Hatari v2.3.0.

that's very strange, doing snapshot and loading it later is something I use a lot to debug emulation issue when working on hatari and I never saw what you describe.

I just tried with current git version and everything is fine :
  - press f12, save snapshot
  - exit hatari ; restart hatari with --memstate -> ok, no problem.

this is with tos 1.04fr and STF mode

If I then do cold reset, Hatari ends with black screen and endless bus errors.

can't reproduce ; maybe there's something with your settings.

Weird, I cannot reproduce it anymore.

But I can see the same wrong error message with
Hatari v2.2.0 for Hatari Git snapshots though, and
when looking at the current sources, it's still
wrong there:
                        Log_AlertDlg(LOG_ERROR,
"Unable to restore Hatari memory state.\n" "Given state file is compatible only with\n"
                                     "Hatari version " VERSION_STRING ".");

Error should be either:
 "Given state file is compatible only with
  Hatari version %s", VersionString
or:
 "This hatari version supports only
  state files with version " VERSION_STRING

	- Eero

What's worse, same happens also with Hatari v2.2.0
snapshot.  Somehow that's also "only compatible
with Hatari *v2.3.0*".

I think Hatari should:

* Show correct version number for incompatible
   snapshots (and show what snapshot version is
   supported)

* Disable incompatible memory snapshot and work
   fine after cold reset