Re: [hatari-devel] IDE IO register range access commit

Am Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:24:06 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Le 21/09/2020 à 15:16, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > In your IDE IO register range access commit:
> > https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=872220ab26d0e8f11f018f5740a8ac96753acac7
> >

> > I think your check should be for IDE being enabled:
> > (ConfigureParams.Ide[0].bUseDevice ||
> > ConfigureParams.Ide[1].bUseDevice))
> >
> > Not for Falcon.
> >

> > For example, Linux doesn't seem to work with ACSI,
> > and Hatari SCSI emulation isn't complete enough,
> > so I need to use IDE disk image to test m68k Linux
> > with TT emulation.
>
> Hi
>
> OK, I can change the test.
>

> > Aren't there also IDE boards for other machines
> > than Falcon?
>
> Maybe, I'm not familiar with this. But the point is not really if
> there're IDE boards, but what IO memory region they use to be
> accessed.

It's quite common that expansion cards like TOS 2.06 cards for plain
old STs also have an additional IDE adaptor on board that uses the very
same IO addresses like the Falcon! And TOS 2.06 also even supports
booting from such IDE drives.

> The lower 0x40 bytes of 0xF0xxxx are supposed to be enabled only in
> case Falcon's IDE.

Please keep it also enabled for non-Falcon machines if the user
specified an IDE drive. (Without IDE drive, this are should give bus
errors, of course)