Re: [hatari-devel] My cross-compiling experience

Le 02/05/2020 à 10:41, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Thomas Huth schrieb:

Le 01/05/2020 à 20:29, Christian Zietz a écrit :
yet again, I'm trying to compile Hatari from source myself, a
complicated task.

Which environment? Windows? Msys? Cygwin?

Debian Linux (actually, running under Windows Subsystem for Linux, but
that should not matter here). But cross-compiling for Windows using the
mingw-w64 toolchain.

Besides the issue with ikbd.c, it was just frustrating troubleshooting
that was required. E.g. I found out by looking at FindSDL2.cmake that I
could set the SDL2DIR environment variable to point at SDL2. (Obviously,
when cross-compiling, you cannot used Debian's Linux version of SDL2.)
But that simply wouldn't work, until I noticed (again by looking through
the cmake files until I found something) that /mingw is prepended to
*every* path. So when I set SDL2DIR to /home/czietz/SDL2 it was instead
looking in /mingw/home/czietz/SDL2.

I must have missed these details in the "Compiling Hatari" section of
the manual. ;-) Anyway, after having spent (again) some hours, something
incredible has happened: I can build hatari.exe!

I still get quite a number of warning during compilation, but maybe this
is to be expected since the binary appears to be running correctly.

Hi

I usually build the windows versions using mingw from a linux PC and there's no problem with that, but I never tried building hatari from a windows PC (don't have one), so it might be different.

Regarding the warning at compile time, could you post the log file to see if we can do something about it ? Sometimes it's just about a few missing include to remove most of them.