Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound -> new downsampling method

On 05/10/2019 at 11:26, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Fix is available in latest git.

Thanks for the quick fix.
Now I can hear all the voices with correct frequency.

And the initial bug is fixed!
No more high-pitched noise in Lethal Xcess :-D

Many thanks for that.

On my 64 bit linux, the correct value of interval_fract is 0x5af18 because 0x10000L is defaulting to 64 bit. But with mingw/cygwin for example, 0x1000L is 32 bit and the operation gets truncated after the multiplication, yelding a wrong value of interval_fract=0x139c9 :(

So this was a simple 32/64-bit issue. Nothing specifically related to Windows/Cygwin.

PS : you can now remove the youtube video, no need to keep trace of hatari's bug :)

Don't worry, that video is Unlisted. So it is only visible from the link I posted here.
I will do some cleanup on YouTube later.

--
Vincent Rivière