Re: [hatari-devel] STe DMA sound -> new downsampling method

Le 05/10/2019 à 10:37, Vincent Rivière a écrit :
On 09/09/2019 at 22:10, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
better later than never :) , I finally added the missing function that average 'n' samples on the given interval.

Good...

Vincent, could you give a try to the devel version of Hatari and see/hear if this improves/fixes the problem you reported  ?

But now the music is completely broken. Some YM voices are missing, or something like that (phase issue?). This can easily been heard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCRdbl4OkY

NB: Compiled yesterday from Git with Cygwin, as I usually do.

Hi

I can hear all 3 voices in my case and there's no problem either with sound when pressing a key under gem desktop.

But if I crosscompile the windows version under linux using mingw then I can hear the same issue. So it seems to be a compiler issue, maybe it doesn't handle correctly the 64 bit integer type used in this code to add extra precision.
I will look into this.

In the meantime, you can run it from linux and sound should be OK :)