|Re: [hatari-devel] Old UAE core (was External disassembler and FPU instructions)|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel <hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Old UAE core (was External disassembler and FPU instructions)
- From: David Savinkoff <dsavnkff@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 16:46:15 -0600 (MDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=telus.net; s=neo; t=1555627576; bh=bKSEcNYhWOajxqFPpx8wnbxRtGBk+SkvDHGkd6snoCQ=; h=Date:From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject; b=DR52ljq9fdsauoBI8v1VNQNJLHFwSqvS7oomYK3u8ezRfsfu/gI3zBPHXeklGPWtg K7vYLOvhw3qUSbr1yJKKCBEijU11YKzaa0epSWW7KeucBuxkkS+jKnyRvWdtb/0yOP K351B2Q38B9ZTFuE7pVF4WepJywOuAvy8If8yfwlTbjpng8aIiZR4lZA11xG+icibf Zu12PPWVI+sq98yPoAJDtswzx4AZZN5R260M56+xiR/TXG4Bh2Vhse2WrFe6l1Y3wI 3E67edAq6UIchxB8GDgViJ8tumJf8f7bnm+5iaoSclgHAi6a+hhIDM2ZKglbsjBF3q PcmlyklQoLXAw==
- Thread-index: uG/PPPzsj+siVKpKfgBPZZBo9PyIZQ==
- Thread-topic: Old UAE core (was External disassembler and FPU instructions)
----- On Apr 18, 2019, at 12:08 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> I don't have time to check this now, but I think real benchmark would be
> required to confirm this feeling ; with winuae cpu core and all accuracy
> options turned off, I'm not sure there's a big difference with the old
> uae core, at least not enough to keep the old core and spend time/code
> to maintain.
> At one point, I think this core can/should be dropped if there's just 5%
> speed difference for example.
The 5% difference would have to be from the result of compiling
and testing on a slow system, not a hyper-speed 64 bit system. To
be of benefit for systems (arm or i686) that may 'need' the old core.
..eg < 1GHz 32 bit system