Re: [hatari-devel] Old UAE core (was External disassembler and FPU instructions)

----- On Apr 18, 2019, at 12:08 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> Hi
>
> I don't have time to check this now, but I think real benchmark would be
> required to confirm this feeling ; with winuae cpu core and all accuracy
> options turned off, I'm not sure there's a big difference with the old
> uae core, at least not enough to keep the old core and spend time/code
> to maintain.
> At one point, I think this core can/should be dropped if there's just 5%
> speed difference for example.
>
> Nicolas

Hi,
The 5% difference would have to be from the result of compiling
and testing on a slow system, not a hyper-speed 64 bit system. To
be of benefit for systems (arm or i686) that may 'need' the old core.
..eg < 1GHz 32 bit system