Re: [hatari-devel] Old UAE core (was External disassembler and FPU instructions)

Le 18/04/2019 à 20:47, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 4/18/19 2:28 AM, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Mittwoch, 17. April 2019 20:15:42 CEST Eero Tamminen wrote:
This leaves the question of what to do with OldAUE disassembler

Just remove it. Thats what revision control systems are for, in case you need
it again.

OldUAE CPU core is still a supported Hatari configuration option.

It's less accurate, but faster than WinUAE CPU core.

Hi

I don't have time to check this now, but I think real benchmark would be required to confirm this feeling ; with winuae cpu core and all accuracy options turned off, I'm not sure there's a big difference with the old uae core, at least not enough to keep the old core and spend time/code to maintain. At one point, I think this core can/should be dropped if there's just 5% speed difference for example.