Re: [hatari-devel] Running Linux in Hatari?

On 3/17/19 12:09 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Sat, 16 Mar 2019 23:02:56 +0200
Thanks.  I've adapted the code for Hatari (needed some defines from
kernel headers), but it doesn't work fully yet.

Nicolas and others, is it OK if I push that code to Hatari repository?

Don't you want to wait till you've got it running?

I was thinking that it would ease others looking into the issues.

That way one doesn't need apply my patch series first, or get
bootstrap program & config, make a HD image and boot that.

(I'll have patch series ready soon, I just document first few of
the kernel options I've found from kernel sources, which seem to
have some useful effect.  Maybe add also option to load kernel
debug symbols from file listed in config file along with the
kernel image file name.)

Otherwise this might confuse users who spot the --lilo option and
try to use it...

Except for the disassembly & memdump issue, it seems to works as well
as running Linux with bootstra.tos, so it shouldn't confuse people
more than running Linux using bootstra.tos.

I've put it into docs as "expert-only".

We can disable it before release if for some reason Linux booting
still doesn't fully work in Hatari by that time, although Linux boots
on real (Falcon) HW.

It adds [LILO] section to config file, and --lilo <bool> command line.

For now I've put lilo.c into falcon/ subdirectory, as Linux needs 030+
CPU (and lilo.c errors otherwise), but I'm not sure is that the best
place.

The falcon subdirectory sounds wrong, since this is not related to
Falcon hardware emulation. I think it should go into the main src
directory instead.

Ok.