Re: [hatari-devel] Pending work to finish before next release 2.2 ?

On 1/24/19 9:55 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
On 2019-01-23 23:43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
On 1/23/19 10:19 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
Full agreement, it's really time for a new release. Especially since a
couple of distros are using GCC 8.x now, and that spills out quite a bit
of ugly warnings when you compile Hatari v2.1.

Have any distro maintainers tried packaging the latest Hatari Mercurial
version / have they encountered any issues with that?

I don't think that compiler warnings are an issue for distro maintainers
(unless they compile with -Werror), it's rather just a bad experience
for the users who compile the release tarballs on their own, and see
lots of "possible string overflow" warnings while comiling.

Sorry, I wasn't so much worried about compiler warnings than other
potential issues for distros.  It would be nice to fix them before
release for a change. :-)