|Re: [hatari-devel] Pending work to finish before next release 2.2 ?|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Pending work to finish before next release 2.2 ?
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 08:55:08 +0100
- Cc: musuruan@xxxxxxxxx, Troed Sångberg <troed@xxxxxxxxxxx>, vernet.jerome@xxxxxxxxxx, benoit.tuduri@xxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1548316513; bh=1SNb+XPQ6pG5n5xDgEXg/4w/K/yZziGdw0N++VzUtvk=; h=Subject:To:Cc:From:Date:From; b=B6gnlDWU4AEXLZO+D9rbI/taUIN3B0Za83ra6V93DgafwjasiqWD/mYPEDNtDOpD0 rZsNfZjsKJYCQM0M/6YchDjOB6ePYc2k7rPkdTQa12FAv62KDkMA4Lhe5UpkzUsE86 IRuXenSUNsiK5Dbkpv5sZQlyafea30bUjYUvtq07WV3HVlMpRVrNR0Y6G0UfQkjNYQ 2ltfQrfxwlE9NF2mpmtcMKwuy4I9NjRXEwzFSI5VqoLTApDn0nNT++pBEUnt+GQYCg vF97PWpjVuqWCaLW5g4/tDQUK2im3UHI2KbCGkUTJiAXgg66ewq6PD54blcxwN41zH Siuoct37lDzBA==
On 2019-01-23 23:43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On 1/23/19 10:19 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> On 2019-01-22 18:12, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>>> our latest release 2.1 was in february 2018, so it might be time to
>>> release hatari 2.2 soon :)
>> Full agreement, it's really time for a new release. Especially since a
>> couple of distros are using GCC 8.x now, and that spills out quite a bit
>> of ugly warnings when you compile Hatari v2.1.
> Have any distro maintainers tried packaging the latest Hatari Mercurial
> version / have they encountered any issues with that?
I don't think that compiler warnings are an issue for distro maintainers
(unless they compile with -Werror), it's rather just a bad experience
for the users who compile the release tarballs on their own, and see
lots of "possible string overflow" warnings while comiling.
>> SCC input needs some more work in the future, but I don't have time to
>> work on that any time soon yet, so for the release, I think it's OK to
>> say that we only support SCC output emulation so far.
> Should I look into adding the SDL GUI part for the SCC output emulation?
I'd rather say "no", it's too early for that, I consider the SCC
emulation not that mature yet that I want to make it so prominent.
> Somebody with Mac should probably make sure that Mac GUI works fine
> and has everything needed.
Yes, that would be helpful. E.g. I think somebody still needs to add
the SCSI settings there?
> * Make sure that different Hatari build configurations work
> (all and none of optional dependencies being present, all optional
> featured enabled and disabled, WinUAE & oldUAE CPU cores, SDL1 & SDL2)
I regularly check most of that with gitlab CI, so we should be pretty
clean here, e.g.: https://gitlab.com/huth/hatari/pipelines/43157900