Re: [hatari-devel] Pending work to finish before next release 2.2 ?

On 2019-01-23 23:43, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 1/23/19 10:19 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> On 2019-01-22 18:12, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
>>> our latest release 2.1 was in february 2018, so it might be time to
>>> release hatari 2.2 soon :)
>>
>> Full agreement, it's really time for a new release. Especially since a
>> couple of distros are using GCC 8.x now, and that spills out quite a bit
>> of ugly warnings when you compile Hatari v2.1.
>
> Have any distro maintainers tried packaging the latest Hatari Mercurial
> version / have they encountered any issues with that?

I don't think that compiler warnings are an issue for distro maintainers
(unless they compile with -Werror), it's rather just a bad experience
for the users who compile the release tarballs on their own, and see
lots of "possible string overflow" warnings while comiling.

>> SCC input needs some more work in the future, but I don't have time to
>> work on that any time soon yet, so for the release, I think it's OK to
>> say that we only support SCC output emulation so far.
>
> Should I look into adding the SDL GUI part for the SCC output emulation?

I'd rather say "no", it's too early for that, I consider the SCC
emulation not that mature yet that I want to make it so prominent.

> Somebody with Mac should probably make sure that Mac GUI works fine
> and has everything needed.

Yes, that would be helpful. E.g. I think somebody still needs to  add
the SCSI settings there?

> * Make sure that different Hatari build configurations work
>   (all and none of optional dependencies being present, all optional
>   featured enabled and disabled,  WinUAE & oldUAE CPU cores, SDL1 & SDL2)

I regularly check most of that with gitlab CI, so we should be pretty
clean here, e.g.: https://gitlab.com/huth/hatari/pipelines/43157900