Re: [hatari-devel] Small patch to add some partition IDs for auto-detection of byteswapped images

On Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2018 02:05:40 CET Eero Tamminen wrote:
> You suggested adding these:
> (Which seems fine)
> And leaving these out:

Yes, i mentioned that. Of course it would not hurt to add the others, too.

> -> I guess HFS was used with other than Atari partition types
>     on Linux?

Not sure, but i think so. HFS makes maybe only sense for linux68k for the Mac.

> It's not done for DOS MBR (supported by EmuTOS and e.g. Uwe's
> HD driver).  Could HDs with MBR be also byte-swapped?

I think that's already handled by checking for a byte-swapped $55AA signature
at the end of the boot record.

> According to AHDI documentation, "XGM" (extended) partition cannot
> be the first one, because HD cannot booted from it.

Maybe not on the harddisk were you booted from, but on any other. And maybe
HDDRIVER is even able to boot from such partition, that's merely the task of
the driver.