Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari segfault on cold boot with MMU + EmuTOS

Le 09/11/2018 à 23:45, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

Great that you found it, memory corruptions are nasty to debug.

note that in that case I found that it was useful to use gdb's "step" feature combined with "display" to show the location or stack after each step. then add a "break" at the place that handles the quit key in Hatari, then run "step 1000" for example and reapeat until you get a crash. Luckily you should see better where Hatari crashed before the complete stack corruption.

Why WinUAE CPU core uses variable with name "quit_program" for
indicating emulated machine reset?

that's their choice :) This variable is really used to quit when set to UAE_QUIT, I think it evolved over time and also included RESET, which has a similar behaviour, ie exit the main cpu emulation loop and go back to the upper level that checks for cpu parameter changes and so on.