Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari segfault on cold boot with MMU + EmuTOS

Le 01/11/2018 à 19:00, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 01/11/2018 à 11:02, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

I have an other PC which is still running linux 32 bit, I will try on it too.

good news is that I can duplicate the crash when using a 32 bit build. This looks like some memory being overwritten at some points, because when I add some debug printf, some of those printfs make the crash disappear ...

So far, I see that the crash happens just after the reset, the 1st instruction after the reset get a bus error when being fetched. I think it's a bug in hatari, because PC is not the correct value at this point, so when mmu is on, this calls mmu030_page_fault() and this is more or less where the crash happens (I still need to add more traces to see what part of the code can trigger the bus error).

But I think the source of the bug is in Hatari, not in WinUAE.

Additional note : it seems the crash happens when some optimisations are enabled. cmake defaults will be -O3, but if I run "./configure --enable-debug" and modify the debug section in CMakeList.txt to use "-O0" instead of "-O", then I'm not able to crash hatari anymore. This really confirms that some memory must be leaking somewhere and its impact/crash will depend on what region get overwritten.