Re: [hatari-devel] Re: Problems with GEMDOS drive support

On 19 Sep 2018 at 21:23, Roger Burrows wrote:

> Since it all works fine with the ACSI hard disk image on the MegaSTe, it seems
> to me that it must be a problem with Hatari's handling of IDE disk images.
> Looking quickly at the Hatari source, Ide_Init() uses HDC_Partition_Count() to
> count partitions, but HDC_Partition_Count() does not seem to take into account
> that the image file is swabbed, so presumably will always count 0
> partitions.

I finally did the trace as you had suggested and it shows that the partition
table is being interpreted incorrectly because of the byte swabbing.  There is
a total of 0 partitions, which is why the GEMDOS drive is allocated to C:.

I can now say: please fix :-).

Roger