Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess load state

Le 18/06/2018 à 10:38, Eero Tamminen a écrit :

So you're saying that there's some difference in Hatari startup state
from one run to another, when nothing has been changed in Hatari
configuration / setup.

I.e. I assume this isn't the random snapshot fail issue you reported
earlier, and which Nicolas is aware of.

Hi

I think this is the same bug ; for some reason the snapshot doesn't correctly restore the correct mfp interrupt / timer b, so I think some palettes are then changed in the wrong places.

Most games / demos will correctly save/restore snaphosts, it's really Lethal Xcess that triggers some edge cases in the way snapshots are handled (ie during the vbl timer) and this needs to be fixed, but it's the same root cause as when restoring snapshot during gameplay.