Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess load state

On 18/06/2018 à 10:38, Eero Tamminen wrote:
So you're saying that there's some difference in Hatari startup
state from one run to another, when nothing has been changed in
Hatari configuration / setup.
Exactly.

Are you using a machine configuration with RTC (MegaST/STE, TT, Falcon),

I use STe, I believe RTC is off.

(I would have preferred using ST, but Lethal Xcess fails due to other sync scroll bug in Hatari).

For memories, I use pretty recent Hatari HG on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver.

or using "--video-timing random" setting ("VideoTiming = 0" in your Hatari config file)?
No, I use fixed wake state (default).

Nicolas mentioned that the game is a bit buggy.

I can easily believe that.
But it has always worked flawlessly on my real STe.

And I can't find any good reason to see different result after loading snapshots, depending on different Hatari runs.

Of course, I can understand that, as any other software, Hatari has bugs. In that case, they must be acknowledged, and considered as "to be fixed some day".

It just looks like something in the emulated STe hardware is not properly reinitialized on loading snapshot. That strange palette bug is very visible. By thinking twice, that menu screen uses rasters. Maybe it is just Timer B which is not properly restarted. Or issue with interrupts, acknowledges, etc.

--
Vincent Rivière