|Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess load state|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Lethal Xcess load state
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:10:44 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=sender:subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:content-transfer-encoding; bh=S+qtphG/BzqwKpvnOLgrEewYo14/lft6gY8WKjymBPM=; b=rX+125AsA6VRlEgOmRibKETLVBoSDbTfH0jT/viSYRL6bqLXSdJpz4MawL3q9obnps qFUuHuPYtW5YMSmIEAANHTv2IIFnBSap+Q5U+i8PbdRY8+hTAVWsAajHFhTB2iQtPJGQ 6AwbcVR8kfkzu1hjN8jNdpD4GVMwSExDKrG1fpO5qky322C7IRO7wifRd3XWI/blIdk7 ruyfCfpEjggLmBLnGhWRFUBDof65lzTqJznQguqBrCHSNBeKDyLnRRvSkVxsGnsby4V1 AX5V5Xj0TwzCNdm63QO7P1N8NXhGLfTZ1zDM7XN38ttKWCXWQ+sNE/PHImAGUIEx7gNX CM4A==
On 18/06/2018 à 10:38, Eero Tamminen wrote:
So you're saying that there's some difference in Hatari startup
state from one run to another, when nothing has been changed in
Hatari configuration / setup.
Are you using a machine configuration with RTC (MegaST/STE, TT, Falcon),
I use STe, I believe RTC is off.
(I would have preferred using ST, but Lethal Xcess fails due to other
sync scroll bug in Hatari).
For memories, I use pretty recent Hatari HG on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver.
or using "--video-timing random" setting ("VideoTiming = 0" in your
Hatari config file)?
No, I use fixed wake state (default).
Nicolas mentioned that the game is a bit buggy.
I can easily believe that.
But it has always worked flawlessly on my real STe.
And I can't find any good reason to see different result after loading
snapshots, depending on different Hatari runs.
Of course, I can understand that, as any other software, Hatari has
bugs. In that case, they must be acknowledged, and considered as "to be
fixed some day".
It just looks like something in the emulated STe hardware is not
properly reinitialized on loading snapshot. That strange palette bug is
very visible. By thinking twice, that menu screen uses rasters. Maybe it
is just Timer B which is not properly restarted. Or issue with
interrupts, acknowledges, etc.