Re: [hatari-devel] Sparrow TOS 2.07 support

Am Sun, 27 May 2018 17:15:38 +0200
schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On 27 May 2018 at 16:45, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The Sparrow TOS apparently really expects a video hardware that is
> > more close to the STE than Falcon. It does not set up most of the
> > Falcon registers and simply only writes a value to $ff8260 to set
> > the resolution. I've added a hack to the Videl emulation, and now
> > it boots to the desktop.
> >
> Cheers Thomas (and Christian) -- your work has definitely made all the
> trouble with getting the dump worthwhile. :)

Thank *you* for the ROM dump!

> > By the way, I don't have much experience with real Videl
> > programming, but does anybody know whether changing $ff8260 also
> > influences the values in $ff82a4 - $ff82aa on real hardware?
> >
> It doesn't. As in my Videl document:
>
> *Before writing to $8260 you have to:*
> *- set correct values (hdb, vdb, ...) for 320x200 or 640x200 or
> 640x400* *- clear $8266 register = setting Falcon 16 color mode; if
> you don't do it, **you will get strange resolutions*

OK, thanks, good to know.

> Btw I plan to explore Sparrow's video hardware in better detail in
> the near future.

Did you manage to get bus errors on the Sparrow? If yes, I'd be
interested in the results of our two bus error test programs that you
can get from here:

https://hg.tuxfamily.org/mercurialroot/hatari/hatari/file/tip/tests/buserror

 Cheers,