Re: [hatari-devel] Sparrow TOS 2.07 support

On 27 May 2018 at 16:45, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Sparrow TOS apparently really expects a video hardware that is more
close to the STE than Falcon. It does not set up most of the Falcon
registers and simply only writes a value to $ff8260 to set the
resolution. I've added a hack to the Videl emulation, and now it boots
to the desktop.
Cheers Thomas (and Christian) -- your work has definitely made all the trouble with getting the dump worthwhile. :)

By the way, I don't have much experience with real Videl programming,
but does anybody know whether changing $ff8260 also influences the
values in $ff82a4 - $ff82aa on real hardware?
It doesn't. As in my Videl document:

Before writing to $8260 you have to:
- set correct values (hdb, vdb, ...) for 320x200 or 640x200 or 640x400
- clear $8266 register = setting Falcon 16 color mode; if you don't do it, you will get strange resolutions

Btw I plan to explore Sparrow's video hardware in better detail in the near future.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org