Re: [hatari-devel] Basic cpu testsuite

Am Sat, 26 May 2018 15:44:53 +0200
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > - Stuff like the "move sr,d0" vs. "move ccr,d0" ifdeffery of course
> >   won't work if the binary should be used for both, 68000 and 68010+
> >   CPU levels. We'd need to think of a way to solve that before such
> >   a test could be included...
>
> The attached patch should solve that. It will install exception
> handlers that immediately terminate the program in tos-less mode,
> thus solving also the problem of bus-errors jumping to nowhere land.
> The exception handler for privilege violation will simulate move
> sr,<ea> by move ccr,<ea>, just like TOS would do.

Ok, thanks for the patch! But I think slowly the fake_tos array gets to
a size where dealing with the hand-crafted binary code is not really
managable anymore.
I think we should put all that assembler code into a proper .S file
instead and handle it like cart_asm.s ... I'll try to do come up with
something like that in the next few days.