Re: [hatari-devel] Problems with some FPU tests

On Samstag, 28. April 2018 08:49:03 CEST Thomas Huth wrote:
> - You are using monochrome resolution in TT mode in your config file,
>   right?

When starting normally, i currently request 1280x960@4 planes, with extended
VDI resolution. but VDI resolutions are disabled in testing mode. Also, the
actual resolution Hatari then uses is 896x672, i think because of the limit of
300k for the screen buffer Hatari imposes (which is imho rather random,
atleast TOS 3.06 does not have any problem with larger screens).

>Is your host display vertical resolution less than 960 pixels?

My physical screen resolution is 1920x1080. But i usually prefer to not work
fullscreen, or have the window cover the whole screen, so that i can still see
part of other host windows.

>hatari crashes here as soon as it tries to access anything beyond line 900.
>This looks like an SDL2 bug to me.

Maybe. But, atleast in test mode, the problem only arises because Hatari does
some conversion, before actually displaying anything. That conversion should
be suppressed if no video is generated.