|Re: [hatari-devel] Problems with some FPU tests|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Problems with some FPU tests
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 08:49:03 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1524898144; bh=PZgbn64yX4lC2QrLNUZy8+r8oQx6Lri9YLK1u2G9AR4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=VT5bZE7SdliRUavgHkYe9Y6WM/dzk/FvwVCbAT4RvkHqYOpQaKFKc+Ne7EGhtShFE RbzSuO2XYR9lqyiwzIbbsg83gOdsvUC0sKG49fw8F2bzZvZ39Xe8U4l90IHzel3/k/ 0IFJuRsDJ7sAmbr0VotM6s3Tyis4jKjkrKrFob3u47xOSZV3nER6QQWPqgfzwF7ncf j5dwvFdLwhsTwjzg0rw5h4PBb1ChLCEuysMVN3TIk5OmwoO1c1/CuCID7KIwmfWdcj +FOD5FLbbu1MSqBzmRHqb6bO9LPgAX07OCclo//2Y7tT7RjiyDeH674f2WWQM4Ots+ T8ZlP57IgzVoA==
Am Mon, 23 Apr 2018 20:18:56 +0200
schrieb Thorsten Otto <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Montag, 23. April 2018 19:12:51 CEST Thomas Huth wrote:
> >Hatari should certainly not segfault in this case. Could you attach a
> >gdb and get a backtrace?
> With configuration Debug (which still seems to add some optimization
> flags) i get
> #0 0x00000000005dd73e in ScreenConv_BitplaneTo32bppZoomed (coefy=2,
> coefx=<optimized out>, lowerBorder=0, upperBorder=0, rightBorder=0,
> leftBorder=0, hscrolloffset=0, nextline=160, vbpp=4, vh=40191600,
> vw=21127456, scrheight=80383200, scrwidth=1280, hvram=<optimized
> out>, fvram=0x1406be0 <STRam>)
> out>at /home/sebilla/atari/hatari/src/screenConvert.c:798
I was finally able to reproduce the crash. Looks like this can also be
reproduced in normal mode when you set bUseSdlRenderer = FALSE in your
Let me ask to more question to be sure:
- You are using monochrome resolution in TT mode in your config file,
- Is your host display vertical resolution less than 960 pixels?
My display on got a resolution of 900 lines, and it seems like SDL2 is
only creating a surface with that hight for the window, so the
SDL_GetWindowSurface() in screen.c gets us only a surface that is too
small. Since TT high resolution has a height of 960 pixels, hatari
crashes here as soon as it tries to access anything beyond line 900.
This looks like an SDL2 bug to me.
Anyway, I've now added a patch that sets DisableDisplay = true in dummy
mode, so at least in that case, the problem should now be gone.