|Re: [hatari-devel] Recent Hatari change problems|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Recent Hatari change problems
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 12:43:16 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1524134600; bh=51ZtpCNKqqYwe2PycXzCReA8lBhYvaxTHCPhvwjSUtc=; h=Subject:To:From:Date:From; b=ck94yyAbfbDJ+RjF/FQNZQ8pcmPLk280oPkvH2MGtRkqm25xvHN1BMN+fq67Q2TGD f/WBrsRHmokP7w0ENiiGV8AqAg0MTZFtpkGqBiYRIk+OrEwD5/UeHvOFN6jcKycZi7 ulwTPSohc39N/5Q/jZV+QkxMAByUTYkrNaCWQTlclrh3ESAHBf80Wf33yGk/t7KGGc YQKhwHGC7dXxQPAPsiT5MWOF+qK9qNPPhYWzHHDF/+nYEn4Ax2Qdru/rOHUDlpi2wc 2O2etu33uwoa4Ut/Rxsa3G5X3lJOOdvHJx7oK0hm8vepZFBcfNWAMvjKEBiE6RtbNQ 0VsHbB5YdJJVg==
On 19.04.2018 00:08, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> On 04/17/2018 09:33 AM, Thomas Huth wrote:
>> Am Tue, 17 Apr 2018 00:17:16 +0300
>> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> On 04/16/2018 01:53 AM, Eero Tamminen wrote:
>>>> On 04/15/2018 12:33 PM, Thomas Huth wrote:
>>>>> schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>>>> Giving a program to Hatari enables automatically GEMDOS HD
>>>>>> emulation for the directory where that program is (Hatari
>>>>>> autostarting would be pretty stupid feature without that).
>>>>> Not sure, but I think this automatic enablement is bypassed in
>>>>> "--tos none" mode since the program is not loaded by TOS, but by
>>>>> Hatari here.
>>>> Enabling is done in options.c, not TOS handling code.
>>>> (And I tested it, -d is not needed.)
>>> Sorry, my mistake, I was confused by my own GEMDOS tracing
>>> (I forgot that it enables GEMDOS emulation partially now).
>>> Is there some particular reason why your commit disabled
>>> GEMDOS HD enabling in options.c when giving program name
>>> after --tos none option:
>> It was simply not necessary. And for the buserror tester, I needed a
>> GEMDOS hd directory that is different from the PRG directory - since
>> this tester creates a file, and the file should not be put into the
>> source repository directory.
>> But we can change that - you're right, it'd be more consistent. But
>> then you likely have to adapt the tests/buserror/run_tests.sh script
>> accordingly, too.
> Logging needs additional changes too.
> I though it best to change all options.c logging to respect log
> levels, instead of logging being a flag for option parsing. See
> attached patch.
Bad idea. That way, all those "debug" log messages would show up during
normal program start again (with log level == info) and we're back to
where we started. So no, please don't do this.